Map of selected recent political risk incidents
Maplecroft’s Political Risk Atlas 2013 is designed to inform strategic decision-making and risk monitoring throughout the life of an investment or in-country presence.
Nationalisation of YPF in Argentina serves as a deterrent to investment in a key growth market
The nationalisation of YPF in April 2012 allowed President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner to publicly attribute responsibility to Repsol for ...
Maplecroft's new Political Risk Atlas 2013 is now available
Maplecroft’s new Political Risk Atlas 2013 is now available
The Political Risk Atlas 2013 provides a comprehensive appraisal of traditional risk areas including conflict, terrorism, the rule of law as well as the regulatory and business environment. It also focuses on emerging risk areas and structural challenges affecting political stability such as food security, water security, energy security, climate change and poverty. The Atlas assesses, quantifies, compares and monitors political risks and responsibilities in 197 countries around the world with scorecards for each country and maps for each issue. These include sub national maps for countries where conflict and terrorism represents extreme risk.
The Political Risk Atlas 2013 provides:
- 50 risk indices measuring political risks relating to two distinct risk categories; namely dynamic risks and structural risks. Dynamic risks assess 'traditional' shorter term political risks, such as regime stability, rule of law, terrorism, and the business environment. Structural risks measure long-term trends and deeply engrained features of a country, such as human rights, resource security, development and climate change vulnerability.
- An innovative methodology drawing on GIS data-sets and geographical coding of locations of incidents
- A review on the interdependence and conflation of political risk clusters using rigorous statistics, indices and expert analysis
- The ability to view, download and print country scorecards, plus political risk indices, maps and graphics
- Interactive global maps, trend analysis, and sub-national data providing insight into risk at a local (site-specific) level and sector overlays
Indices can be:
- Aggregated in different combinations to reflect your priorities, catering to strategic planning, supply chain management or on-the-ground operations
- Used individually, providing the granularity and analysis required for issue-specific assessments and monitoring
Details of costings for the Political Risk Atlas 2013 and associated products can be found online at the Maplecroft Store, once logged-in. Alternatively request information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org