Maplecroft will be holding the latest in its series of Human Rights and Business Dilemmas Forum (HRBDF) webinars on 11 November at 15.00 GMT. The webinar will focus on human trafficking and migrant workers and feature guest presentations, including from the lead researcher on the Global Slavery Index, Professor Kevin Bales.
The HRBDF is an online platform designed to stimulate discussion about the dilemmas responsible multinational companies face in their efforts to respect and support human rights when operating in emerging economies. The HRBDF is produced jointly by Maplecroft and the United Nations Global Compact, and is supported by the GE Foundation.
The Human Trafficking and Migrant Workers Webinar will address the following dilemma:
"How does a company ensure there is no association with human trafficking in its operations or supply chains when these extend into areas where trafficking is common in terms of the procurement of people, their transportation or their use as labour?"
The one-hour webinar will initially focus on the dilemma itself, common dilemma scenarios, the risks posed to business and suggestions for responsible business to help address the issue. This will be followed by three guest presentations from:
- Professor Kevin Bales, Co-Founder of Free the Slaves – who will be focusing on the Global Slavery Index which was recently launched by Walk Free
- Greg Priest, Head of Sustainability Policy & Compliance at IKEA
- Justin Dillon, Founder/CEO of Made in a Free World
Previous webinars in the series
You can also view recordings of previous HRBDF webinars using the following links:
- Human Rights and Business Dilemmas Forum: Business In Conflict Affected Countries webinar
- Human Rights and Business Dilemmas Forum: Security Forces webinar
- Human Rights and Business Dilemmas Forum: Child Labour webinar
Visit the Human Rights and Business Dilemmas Forum to explore the full range of issues.