Maplecroft's new Growth Opportunities Atlas 2014 is a practical resource to help businesses, investors and international organisations to assess, compare and monitor legal and regulatory risks across countries.
Maplecroft's new Growth Opportunities Atlas 2014 now available
Maplecroft’s Growth Opportunities Atlas 2014 is now available
As companies and investors track growth trends across global markets, it is useful to assess performance within the broader context for businesses operating in those markets.
To assist evaluation, Maplecroft’s second Growth Opportunities Atlas 2014, presents a perspective of 173 countries by performance, demographic profile and the business environment, to identify those countries likely to outperform over the medium-to-long term.
The Growth Opportunities Atlas 2014 provides a comprehensive assessment of economic performance across 173 countries. The atlas offers the following features:
- An assessment of 24 economic performance-related criteria, broken down into four sections:
- Growth performance: past growth performance; forecast growth potential; commodity dependence
- Growth environment: openness to trade and capital flows; macroeconomic stability; legal and regulatory environment; resource security; infrastructure readiness
- Growth potential: working-age population growth; middle-class forecasts; human capital; investment and FDI flows; and integration and exposure to major economic powers
- Business opportunities: an assessment of where future consumers will live down to a hyper-localised level, as well as their market access
- Key findings across 173 countries according to each of the categories above
- Country scorecards, providing comparable data for 173 countries across all the categories above
- Analysis of Maplecroft’s Top 30 Growth Markets
- Selected maps, including infrastructure readiness, resource security, consumer potential and human capital
- Full methodology and sources