The work we undertake for our business clients is by its very nature aimed at enhancing their ability to manage risks and conduct business in a responsible way.
Maplecroft is also committed to sharing its research and analysis as widely as possible to build awareness of responsible decision making solutions and to educate as many people as possible about human rights, environmental protection and good governance.
Examples of how Maplecroft puts the 10 Principles of the UN Global Compact into practice:
- Maplecroft is the chief implementing partner in the Human Rights Dilemmas Forum, a joint project with the UN Global Compact exploring the dilemmas faced by multinational companies working in emerging markets
- Development and hosting of over 100 indices and interactive maps for Girls Discovered, a joint project with Nike Foundation and UN Foundation highlighting the global vulnerability of adolescent girls
- Pro bono supply of issue maps for NGO websites, projects and reports, including: DATA, Africa Progress Panel, The Global Growth Enviroment, RED, etc
- Discounted rates for working with humanitarian organisations (UN OCHA, North Star Alliance, CARE, World Economic Forum etc.) - including indexing, issue mapping, reporting, research and consultancy
- Discounted rates for access to the Global Risks Portfolio for universities and schools
- The publishing and wide distribution of Global Risks Forecast™, our free fortnightly review of corporate responsibility news to an estimated network of 55,000 people
- Provision of free public access to a selection of Maplecroft maps and indices, particularly in the areas of development and health
- Maplecroft's CEO, Professor Alyson Warhurst, sits on the human rights working group of the UN Global Compact and is an active participant on the Board of Transparency International (UK).
For further information on how Maplecroft implements the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact, see our Communications on Progress.
Communication on Progress
|Communication||CEO Statement||Issue Areas Covered||Measurement of Outcome|
|2013 Communication on Progress||4 / 4|
UN Principles for responsible investment
Maplecroft is also a signatory of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI). ESG issues are at the core of our value proposition and are an integral part of our global, country and company risk analysis and rating. Our services and products enable our clients to fulfil their commitments to the UNPRI.